There is no way around it, when you get stung by a wasp or other stinging insect, it can be extremely painful if not deadly. There are many people that have to be extra cautious because they have a severe allergy that can cause anaphylaxis when they are stung by a bee or wasp. Luckily, there are several things that you can do to protect yourself against these injuries. Effective Pest Services is here to share some tips to help make sure you’re safe from wasp stings or stings from other stinging pests.
What Triggers a Wasp to Sting? How Can I Avoid Stings?
If you are someone that isn’t looking to get stung by a stinging insect any time soon, there are some things you can do to make it even less likely that a sting happens.
– Be Cautious Outside: If you are someone that spends a lot of time outside, you need to be aware of the insects around you. This includes picnic tables, playgrounds, trash containers and old buildings. All of these places are common for wasp nests. You should also be extremely cautious around eaves, attics, window frames and crawl spaces.
– Be Careful Eating Outdoors: There is nothing better than a well planned BBQ outside in the summer. However, stinging pests are attracted to the food that you are likely serving. Make sure you don’t leave food out and keep food in containers with a lid to be covered when they aren’t being eaten.
– Hire Out Yard Work: For those that are extremely allergic to a wasp sting, it might be in your best interest to hire someone to do the yard work for you. If you do your own yard work, you need to extremely cautious.
– Don’t Swat at Stinging Insects: If you happen to have a stinging insect that is buzzing around you, the last thing you should be doing is swatting them away. You want to hold still and not make any fast movements as this can make them feel threatened. They will likely move away on their own if you give them a minute.
– Avoid Bright Colors: It might seem difficult to avoid brightly colored clothing in the summer time, but you will be less likely to get stung if you don’t dress in bright colors that mimic the colors of flowers.
– Avoid Sweet Smelling Perfume: You should also avoid any perfumes that smell similar to flowers as this can be attractive to stinging pests as well. This can also include hairsprays that are sweet smelling as well as lotions and other odorants that you would likely wear.
Stinging Insect Pest Inspections, Exclusion, Control, Removal & More in Wellington, Fort Collins, Timnath, Greeley, Longmont, Boulder, Johnstown, Berthoud, Estes Park & Loveland, CO | Northern Colorado
If you have a large number of stinging pests on your property, you can turn to Effective Pest Services to help you safely get rid of them. There is a large risk of getting stung when you attempt to remove a wasp nest from your property on your own. Call us today!