It doesn’t matter what type of pest you’re dealing with, the last thing that most people want is a pest infestation. Usually, when you have a pest infestation you are dealing with things like property damage, health risk, removal costs and more. It is never something you want. However, pest infestations happen. The key is to catch it before it gets too out of control. When you have a pest problem, there are more than likely going to be several signs that point in that direction. Effective Pest Services is here to point out some of the most common signs that are present when you have a pest infestation in your home or on your property.
What are Signs of a Possible Pest Infestation?
If you are worried about having a pest infestation in your home, the best way you can avoid it is to keep your eyes out for any of the following signs.
– Pest Droppings: When homeowners find droppings left behind from pests in their home, it is usually one of the first things that they find to clue them into a pest problem. It can be easy to see rodent droppings, but droppings left behind from insects are far smaller and easier to miss.
– Dirt & Grime: You may find that there are little messes around your home when you have a pest problem. Many pests will leave behind remnants from nesting or food trails from their forging for food. Small rodents even leave behind smudges on the walls where they are traveling to and from their nests.
– Odors: There are some pests like cockroaches that will start to leave an odor in your home when they get too large in numbers. Many people actually have an allergic reaction to these odors. Strange odors should always be further investigated to ensure you don’t have a pest problem.
– Pest Body Parts: As insects die, there will often be remnants of their body parts left lying around your home. Anytime you notice that there are insects that have died, and their bodies are in your home, there are surely more where they came from, and you need to get to the bottom of it.
– Plant Damage: Many pests will feast on your plants whether they are outside or in. You may notice that there are spots on the leaves of your plants, or the plants are getting eaten by something. Damage to your plants should be a strong indication of a pest problem.
Pest Inspections, Exclusion, Control, Removal & More in Wellington, Fort Collins, Timnath, Greeley, Longmont, Boulder, Johnstown, Berthoud, Estes Park & Loveland, CO | Northern Colorado
If you have noticed any of these signs around your home, you can turn to Effective Pest Services to help you get any pest infestation you are dealing with under control. We will make sure your home and your property is pest free so you don’t have to worry about any damage or illness as a result of a pest infestation. Call us today!