Even though most of us do everything we can to keep pests out of our home, they seem to make their way in at times. At some point, most of us will deal with a pest infestation of some kind in or around our house. However, what most homeowners don’t realize is that there are things in their home that are attracting these pests in the first place. We aren’t talking about the normal things like food and water; we are talking about normal everyday items that pests are naturally attracted to. Effective Pest Services is here to share some of the common household items you may have around your home that are attracting pests as we speak.
What Things are Pests Attracted To?
Following is a list of some of the most common items you likely have in your home that are attracting pests without you realizing it.
– Light Bulbs Attract Flying Bugs: Believe it or not, the temperature of the lightbulbs in your home will attract pests. If you have LED lights in your home that are on the cooler side, studies have proven that pests are attracted to those blue, green and ultraviolet tones. Consider swapping them out for warmer lightbulbs.
– Houseplants Attract Bugs: As much beauty as your houseplants offer your home, they are also a common place where pests live. This is especially true if you overwater them. Make sure you are doing what is necessary to keep pests out of your houseplants.
– Pests are Attracted to Pets: Of course, you love your pets, but did you know that they can be bringing pests like fleas, ticks and mites into your home? Not only that, but many pests are highly attracted to your pet’s food. Store it properly in a plastic container to keep pests out of it.
– Bugs are Attracted to Firewood: Nothing is quite as cozy as a roaring fire during a cool spring night. In CO, we usually have more snow during the spring than any other time of the year. Make sure you are stacking your firewood away from your home as pests are often building nests in it. Before bringing your firewood into your home, make sure you aren’t also bringing pests in with it.
– Clogged Gutters Can Breed Pests: You don’t want your gutters full of leaves and other debris for the obvious reason of keeping water away from your home. However, when your gutters are filled with this debris it also gives pests a place to congregate. Keep your gutters clean to keep water flowing and pests away.
Pest Inspections, Control, Removal & More in Wellington, Fort Collins, Timnath, Greeley, Longmont, Boulder, Johnstown, Berthoud, Estes Park & Loveland, CO | Northern Colorado
If you are dealing with a pest problem you simply can’t get control of, you can count on the pros at Effective Pest Services to take care of the problem for you. We have the training and expertise to remove even the most severe pset infestations imaginable. You can trust that we will keep your home protected from potential pest infestations as well. Call us today!