As soon as we start to see several warm days in a row, you are sure to notice that wasps start to wake up as well. As soon as the temperatures reach above 50 degrees here and there, wasps will start to think spring is here. It is always best to stay ahead of Wasps in the spring season. Keeping them from building nests on your property is going to help save you from battling them all summer long. Effective Pest Services is here to tell you what you need to do to make sure that Wasps don’t start building their nests on your property this spring.
What Attracts Wasps to Your House?
Wasps play an essential role in nature. As essential as they may be to nature and the way things work, it is difficult to live with wasps. These insects are incredibly aggressive by nature. Getting Wasps under control is easier done when you realize why wasps are attracted to your property in the first place.
– Good Wasp Nest Sites: If your home has several ideal places where a wasp can build its nest, you are more than likely to have a wasp problem. They will build their nests in cracks and crevices found around your home. They usually look for an area that is somewhat protected from the elements: such as: under eaves, decks and holes in fences.
– Pests: If you have a high pest population on your property, you will more than likely see wasp activity as this is one of their the biggest food sources. Wasps are generally looking for a high protein diet which they get from eating other insects.
– Flowers: If your property has a large number of flowers in the landscaping, you will have more wasp activity as well. Not only do they eat insects but they are pollinators as well.
– Leftovers: As tempting as it might be to leave the food from your barbecue on the table until you are ready to clean up, you should avoid doing this as wasps are attracted to your leftovers. They will especially be attracted to meat and sweets.
How Do You Keep Wasps Away in the Spring?
There are several things that you can do as a homeowner to make your property less appealing to wasps.
– Seal any cracks holes or crevices that wasps might use to build their nests
– Hang wasp traps around your property
– Having a fake wasp nest as wasps are incredibly territorial
– Watch for any nesting sites and get rid of them as soon as possible
Wasp Pest Inspections, Exclusion, Control, Removal & More in Wellington, Fort Collins, Timnath, Greeley, Longmont, Boulder, Johnstown, Berthoud, Estes Park & Loveland, CO | Northern Colorado
If you have noticed that there are already wasps starting to build nests on your property, you can turn to the pest professionals at Effective Pest Services to help you get the problem under control as soon as possible. We know how difficult it can be to have wasps nesting on your property and will do our best to safely remove them so you aren’t stuck with them all summer long. Call us today!