One of the quickest ways to ruin your outdoor BBQ this summer is a wasp infestation. When there are wasps circling around your food, it makes everyone feel threatened and puts them at risk of getting stung. Wasps are aggressive and especially dangerous to anyone that has an allergic reaction to their painful sting. This leads homeowners to try their best to get rid of any wasps that may be lingering around their yard. Effective Pest Services is here to share our best tips to help you keep wasps away from your yard this summer.
What Deters Wasps from Coming Around?
Wasps are a common problem in Northern Colorado backyards. They seem to be everywhere. Following are some tips to help you eliminate them from your backyard this summer.
– Wasp Decoys: Wasps are extremely territorial. If they notice that there are already wasp nests in your yard during the spring months, they will likely go and build their nests elsewhere.
– Cover Pools: Summer is the season for pool time and relaxation. If you have a pool in your backyard, make sure it is covered when you’re not using it. This will keep wasps from stopping by to get a drink throughout the day.
– Wasp Traps: Another effective way to get rid of wasps is to set up wasp traps away from your deck or patio. This will attract them and then trap them so they can’t continue to ruin your evening.
– Some Plants Keep Wasps Away: There are several plants that you can add to your garden that will repel wasps naturally. They don’t like plants like mint, lemongrass, citronella, thyme and more. You can plant them in the ground on in containers around your deck to help deter these insects.
– Move Bird Feeders: If you have hummingbird feeders on your property, consider moving them away from your deck or patio as the sugar water that is in them will attract wasps.
– Home Pest Sealing: Wasps love to build their nests in small holes and crevices. If you have any around your deck or patio, make sure you fill them in so that the wasps can’t build their nests anywhere near the area that you want to spend time.
– Secure Outdoor Garbage Cans: Make sure your garbage cans have tight fitting lids on them. Store your cans in an area that won’t attract wasps to the area you would want to spend your time. Wasps are attracted to any food, fresh or rotting, so make sure they have no access to your garbage.
Stinging Insect Pest Inspections, Exclusion, Control, Removal & More in Wellington, Fort Collins, Timnath, Greeley, Longmont, Boulder, Johnstown, Berthoud, Estes Park & Loveland, CO | Northern Colorado
If you have persistent wasps in your backyard, you can call on Effective Pest Services to help you get a handle on your wasp problem. We know how to effectively get rid of wasps safely, so that you don’t have anyone in danger of getting stung this summer. Don’t let wasps ruin your next BBQ. Call us today!